Re: Catch-22 : curiouser and curiouser -- but better

Beartooth wrote:

I was wrong again : there are F10 options in grub.conf after all; I noticed them only on the stage 2 screen, but they're in the config file, too, all right. They're *after* the F9 choices! Three of them : two Fedora-PAE, and one Fedora-base. (What *are* these things?? At the moment I'm in the base -- and uname -a confirms that it's F10.)

	And XP still boots.

	MAY IT REMAIN SO -- and many, many thanks for all the help!

One answer, the PAE kernel is used for 32 bit operation with 4GB or more of ram. Lets you see the whole memory.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>