Re: Fedora on Asus M3N78-EM, anyone?

On Mon, December 29, 2008 6:11 pm, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> M. Fioretti wrote:
>>the best solution *may* be the ASUS M3N78-EM, which has an on-board
nVidia geforce
>> 8300 chipset.
>
> Well, as all NVidia GPUs, that chip requires proprietary drivers for 3D
> acceleration.

I know, the motherboard which just broke used the same drivers, but with
livna and then rpmfusion could use them without any problem. So it would
be OK for me, as long as it "just works" with yum. So the question
remains: is all the HW on this motherboard fully usable (even if this
implies proprietary drivers) with Fedora, without recompiling everything?

Thanks,

Marco

--
Help *everybody* love Free Standards and Software:
http://digifreedom.net