fedora 10 can't get past boot menu

Hello,

I have had fedora 10 running fine for several weeks.
Over the weekend, I noticed that there was an error message displayed on the console something about a general protection error.

Everything was locked up, so I performed a hard reboot of the system. Now The system gets to the grub boot menu, but at that point, I can't do anything. The keyboard does not respond at all.

The system is configured to boot to level 3 (console) because I am a blind user and prefer to use command-line as much as possible.

System configuration:

Gateway 7200X
4 gb ram
250 gb harddrive
ati radeon 9200 video card
usb keyboard
marvel gigabit network controller.

I would prefer not ot have to re-install if possible, but so far I have no way to get logged into the system.