Re: ATI driver installation

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: ATI driver installation
From: Vincent Onelli <vonelli optonline net>
To: fedora-list redhat com
Date: 12/30/2008 09:53 AM

Hello,
I have an HP zv6000 with ATI mobility radeon xpress 200 series

Stop right there.

The Xpress 200 chip is one of the worst ATI has ever made in the last decade. It's very slow, unstable, and hardly works under Linux.

The only driver I recommend you use is what Kevin Kofler is describing to you. The Open Source driver, which will be used by default.

Good luck.