Re: ssh-agent startup

2008/12/29 Aldo Foot <lunixer gmail com>
On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 4:41 AM, Guillaume <guillaume chardin gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
> For now, when I  want to use ssh-agent, i have to open a shell, and then use
> this command 'ssh-agent /bin/bash' to be able to use the ssh-agent
> fonctionnality.
>
> I would like to know if there is a tip to start ssh-agent at user login.
> Like editing /etc/passwd an adding in the "shell field" /usr/bin/ssh-agent
> /bin/bash like that :
>               ***/etc/passwd***
>               user:x:500:500::/home/user:/usr/bin/ssh-agent /bin/bash
>
> And by the way avoiding multi nested bash execution, avoid user to type this
> command or multiple edit/modify of .bashrc of all my users.
>
> thanks for your help.
>
> --
> Guillaume

Boot the system in Run Level 3.
After you login in text mode run
    $ ssh-agent `exec startx`
The dollar sign is the user prompt. Use backticks.

This makes the agent available to the entire user environment. Load your
keys and you're good to go.
~af

Thanks for your reply,
but my system does not use any graphical interface. So, i have to find a way to run a bash session "aware of" ssh-agent. The previous tips from Anne is ok, but when user disconnect their session, the sshagent process is not  killed. Now, i need to find a global config file equivalent of bash_logout by this way i'll be able to set a command like "ssh-agent -k" to all my users. Without editiing each ~/.bash_logout.
But if i don't find i will create a small script to add a line like this automaticaly.

Happy new year :-D
--
Guillaume