Default route not set on boot up

After installing F10, when I power up my laptop, the default route does not get set. I have a "GATEWAY=192.168.1.1" statement in both the ifcfg-wlan0 file and the /etc/sysconfig/network file. 'netstat -nr' shows no gateway until I run 'route add default gw 192.168.1.1'. This is the first time that I put my network setup under the control of Network Manager. I don't know if that has anything to do with this. I know I could code the default route in rc.local or something like that, but I would rather have it work correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Andrew Robinson