Re: F10 - system hangs after anacron OK

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm htt-consult com> wrote:
> David Burns wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 9:28 AM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm htt-consult com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> I do notice that when iptables is starting there is some message about
>>> time
>>> being off. But I can't catch it, it scrolls by too fast.
>>>

>> Do control-s and q work during boot?
>
> When do those play in?
> cntl
> s and q seemed to do nothing.
> So what should ctrl-s and q do?

I was  hoping control-s would stop the screen so you could read the
iptables message. Seems to me I have done that before, but not
recently. Maybe it no longer works.

>What is prefdm?
prefdm is trying to launch a desktop manager, I think. Have you tried
booting into text mode or single user? Adding a 3 to the end of the
kernel line will put you in text mode, I think. If X is your problem,
that would work around it.

Dave