Re: Linux apps to convert music files to MP3

Mark Haney wrote:
Jim wrote:
Does Linux have any Appa for converting music files to MP3 to play on Ipods.

What kind of music files? CDRipper will do CD's to MP3 (as long as lame is installed). I'm sure there are others for that.

I don't want to burn them to CD's.
I want to convert wav,ogg music files to mp3 to play on a apple Shuffle,
Since I have started using Linux, I'm getting to be a "tight wad" to cheap to pay for MP3s .