dlink dwl-g650+ freezing the system

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Fri Feb 8 11:42:30 UTC 2008

I use the combination of the dlink dwl-g650+ and ndiswrapper to connect via wlan. This
combination was working perfectly in fedora 7, but not in 8.

Installation, modprobe and everything works well, even NetworkManager finds the wireless
networks.

If i connect to my network, it begins associating (one green point) and then: freeze. I
have no other chance than doing a hard reboot.

I use the latest firmware from the ndiswrappers homepage. Earlier, i read this card uses
the 4-k-stack. But, if this would be the error, i think it wouldn't find any network and
freezing earlier.

Any idea about this issue? Some others concerned?

Thanks,
Roger