Problem with Matlab and Fedora 7-X_64

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Fri Feb 8 13:55:54 UTC 2008

Hi there --

Listed below is the procedure that has worked for us. Let me know if you have
similar success.

How to install the 32bit version of Matlab onto a 64bit Linux workstation

Example - Red Hat Enterprise Linux

In order to install 32bit MATLAB on a 64bit Linux machine running Linux, it is
necessary to use one

of the following workarounds:

Run the following command syntax: ./install -glnx86 -x

                                                            -glnx86 - use 32bit
architecture instead of 64bit

                                                            -x - run in X window
session

Once the installation is completed, the user will need to run in 32bit mode as
opposed to 64bit

mode. The command syntax in this case is the following:

                                                        matlab glnx86