tune2fs Fedora 8

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sun Feb 10 22:58:13 UTC 2008

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> At the fear of being difficult the OP wanted to check every 10  mounts
> and that is:
> tune2fs -c 10 /dev/sdx
>
> not: tune2fs -i 10 /dev/sdx

-c max-mount-counts
      Adjust the number of mounts after which the filesystem will be
      checked by e2fsck(8). If max-mount-counts is 0 or -1, the number
      of times the filesystem is mounted will be disregarded by
      e2fsck(8) and the kernel.

-i  interval-between-checks[d|m|w]
      Adjust the maximal time between two filesystem checks. No
      postfix or d result in days, m in months, and w in weeks.A
      value of zero will disable the time-dependent checking.

Oops - I can't read today. I read months instead of mounts. Sorry.

Mikkel