Disable USB ports

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Feb 19 11:30:06 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 05:14 -0500, arunbkn at aol.in wrote:
> How can I disable USB ports of my client PCs, such that USB ports will
> not be used for mass storage media (pen drives , etc) where as enable
> for other purposes such as printer, etc.

I haven't done that sort of thing myself, but the parts of the system
you want to research will be "udev" and/or "hal".  In particular, custom
rules.

You'd be aiming to set some of your own default rules that make the use
of USB storage devices fail (your rules getting in the way of what
normally handles USB storage devices).

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.15-80.fc7 i686 i386