Advice for Red Hat/Fedora

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Feb 20 04:27:23 UTC 2008

Greetings folks;

As a staunch believer in Open Source in the form of linux, I've always
wondered just where M$ would attack linux, and it appears they have found an
ally and a willing vehicle in Novel, who I am told now owns gnome.

I'll let the data in this link speak for itself.

<http://boycottnovell.com/2008/02/15/mono-contamination-in-ubuntu/>

And then offer the advice to TPTB in North Carolina, that some of the recipes
given in that link be used to expung any and all references to .NET and mono
from any distribution they can influence to do so including their own get.
If that means functions go away until they are re-written from scratch, so be
it.  If we are reminded as to why occasionally, I suspect you will find the
majority of us tolerant as long as the functions don't stay on the missing
list forever.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)