kernel panic on Fedora 8 - a serious bug!

Jim van Wel jim at coolzero.info
Wed Feb 20 15:26:27 UTC 2008

Hi there,

> How do I capture it? My desktop is frozen and I can't open the cli.

First try to get in a console with CTRL + ALT + F1 to see if your X is
just frozen and not the whole system. Because how could you know it's
really a kernel panic. If so, sometimes it's somewhere in
/var/log/messages if you are lucky. If not, disable the NetworkManager for
now and try to debug like loading and unloading the modules by hand. For
instance:

rmmod modulename
modprobe modulename

and see if it crashes.