Something wrong with pam-0.99.8.1-17

Robert Wuest rwuestfc at wuest.org
Thu Feb 21 13:47:02 UTC 2008

There aren't too many times you really have to reboot.  Maybe this is
one of them.  Maybe not.  I reinstalled pam-0.99.8.1-17 then tried to
log in and the problem came back.  Couldn't login into X. Then switched
to VT1, logged in as root, did a 'telinit 1' followed by a 'telinit 5'
and that looks like it fixed it.  At least I can log in with gdm.

Robert