Dolphin issues after KDEBASE4 update

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Feb 22 18:09:27 UTC 2008

Jorge Fábregas <jorge.fabregas <at> gmail.com> writes:
> 1- Its default behaviour is single-click.  I run my KDE system
> with "double-click  How can I change this?

Hmmm, this may be a bug. I'm not sure what happened to that setting, I have to
investigate.

> 2- It has its own file-type associations. It won't respect my current KDE
> file-type associations.
>
> Right, I know dolphin is using its kde4 libraries (not getting the stuff I
> configure on my KDE3 Control Center) so... is there a KDE4 Control Center? I
> did a search on the files installed by kdebase4 and I don't see any
> kcontrol4 :(

You can run "kcmshell4 filetypes" to set file associations. (Yes, this sucks.
Setting file associations from within Dolphin is a requested feature, it would
also be useful within KDE 4, I'm not sure why this isn't set up. :-( ) By the
way, technically, it's actually KDE 3 using "its own file-type associations",
KDE 4 is using the shared-mime-info which is also used by GNOME and some other
stuff.

        Kevin Kofler