Writing to DVD+R DL

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sun Feb 24 04:42:17 UTC 2008

garys at email.com wrote:
> Hello - A couple of months ago I purchased 3 Memorex DVD+R DLs.  K3b
> assures me that my writer is capable of writing a
> DVD+R DL yet each time I write to one ( without any error messages) the
> finished disk is unable to be mounted. ( the error message tells me
> there is no media to be mounted). So - the question - Are other folks
> succeeding in writing double layer DVDs. (using fc8 and
> k3b).                                           .......gary

Writing with command line tools works on FC[678] just fine. Don't use
graphical tools, since they are usually calling the command line tools
after taking a guess at how to do what I want.

I use both growisofs and cdrecord, that's the *real* cdrecord, not the
old hacked version which is really woeful or some such. Use growisofs to
start, it will do virtually everything you need to do.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>