Writing to DVD+R DL

garys at email.com garys at email.com
Mon Feb 25 06:18:56 UTC 2008

  Subject: Re: Writing to DVD+R DL
  > garys at email.com wrote:
  > > Hello - A couple of months ago I purchased 3 Memorex DVD+R DLs.
  K3b
  > > assures me that my writer is capable of writing a
  > > DVD+R DL yet each time I write to one ( without any error
  messages) the
  > > finished disk is unable to be mounted. ( the error message tells
  me
  > > there is no media to be mounted). So - the question - Are other
  folks
  > > succeeding in writing double layer DVDs. (using fc8 and
  > > k3b). .......gary

  I've used K3B on Memorex DVD+R DLs under F8 with no problems. My DVD
  writer is an LG GSA-4163B. Have you tried mounting the DVD on another
  machine, or in a normal DVD player? Do other DVDs mount correctly on
  your machine?

  poc

Thanks for confirming that others can write DL DVDS. I've been suspicious
of my
TSSTcorp  CD/DVDW TS-H652M and sure enough It's capable of writing DLs
but
not capable of reading the end product. My HP DVD Writer dvd530i was able
open the DVD - settling the issue for me.     ..........gary

--
Want an e-mail address like mine?