nv driver does not support VGA port?

Julius Smith jos at ccrma.stanford.edu
Thu Feb 28 18:37:37 UTC 2008

Greetings,

I have an HP Pavilion 2000 series laptop, and generally Fedora 8 works
very well on it.  However, I have discovered that I cannot connect to
an external screen projector.  As far as I can tell,
there is no way to obtain output of any kind to the VGA connector.
The driver is `nv', and the graphics hardware is NVIDIA GeForce Go
6150.  Apparently I cannot try an nvidia driver because I am running a
32-bit system on a 64-bit AMD processor (the Turion64x2), and there is
only a 64-bit AMD version of the driver.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks for any leads,
Julius