Appalling desktop performance in F8

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Tue Jan 8 23:14:15 UTC 2008

David Boles wrote, On 01/08/2008 04:15 PM:
> Nigel Henry wrote:
> | On Tuesday 08 January 2008 20:50, Paul Shaffer wrote:
> |> I think maybe about the only thing my computer could do that I would
> find
> |> appalling is if it caught on fire and somehow burned the house down.
> That
> |> would be appalling.
> |
> | I actually know of someone who had that actually happen while they
> were on
> | vacation. Perhaps we should all install sprinkler systems/water
> drenchers,
> | just in case.
>

> A Halon system is better and not messy. It won't destroy the rest of the
> equipment either.
> - --

I thought Halon[1,2,4] was out because of the Montreal Protocol[4]. Though
there are a couple of links[5,6] to possible replacements.

Sorry for the nit... the course I am taking right now, pointed it out to me a
few days ago.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halon_1211
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halon_1301
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bromochloromethane