Disk Partitioning questions

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Thu Jan 3 00:19:13 UTC 2008

I have finally gotten a SATA 300GB HD and plan to multiboot w2k, XP, and Fedora.

The question is, what is the best way to partition the drive?

What I plan so far is:

p1: w2k,    25GB
p2:  XP,    25GB
p3: /boot, 100MB
p4: Extended
    /,     100GB
    /app1,  50GB
    /app2,  50GB
    /app3, rest of available space minus swap
    swap     2GB

But when I use the F8-LiveCD and custom partitioning gui,
I cannot see where I can create the extended filesystem
in p4 before I can create the logical drives of /, /app1,
/app2, and /app3?

Is it sufficient to simply not choose the 'Force to be a
primary partition' for p4?

Thanks!

Checked by AVG Free Edition.