Java problem

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Jan 3 16:37:04 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
>>>>
>>>     You guys are both wrong. Fedora does ship F7 and F8 with a small
>>> java version 1.5 which is too old for newer java programs, and that
>>> broken icedtea that does nothing good. But light at the end of the
>>> tunnel. Fedora can make the necessary changes to their design to
>>> allow the method given on the Sun Site to work. I have been doing
>>> the work. Look at my new messages on java.
>> ----
>> nice of you to weigh in on something you know absolutely nothing about.
>
> On the contrary - he has given the definitive 'user experience' of
> java on fedora.  He knows exactly what that experience is.  You may be
> right that it shouldn't be that way...

Ah, yes...now I understand.  1+1=2 except in cases where it does not
actually equal 1 but may = something less or more than 1 if it happens
to be the 3rd Sunday in a month that has a even numbered Thursday.

--
Now, my ENTIRE LIFE is flashing before my EYES as I park my DODGE DART
in your EXXON service area for a COMPLETE LUBRICATION!!