Grub feature request?

Mr.Scrooge maximilian_bianco at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 3 22:00:45 UTC 2008

--- "Daniel B. Thurman" <dant at cdkkt.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to have the Grub gui (when it comes up)
> to "remember" the last boot item chosen instead of
> simply choosing the default?
>
> I wonder if this would be a neat feature?

I 'm not sure but i know you can set it to default to any of your entries it doesn't have to be
first in the list. Now how did that work again?It is a minor modification. Each entry is assigned
a number starting with zero from the top down. So if you want it to default to the second entry in
the list then find the line that says default=0 and change it to default=1. As always consult your
man pages(that is from memory and sometimes its spotty at best).

-Max