My /var/log/ directory contents dissapeared!

thomas Armstrong tarmstrong at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 16:13:30 UTC 2008

Hi.

Using Fedora Core 2, I've just noticed that my /var/log/ directory
contents dissapeared. If I type 'last' I get this message:
-------
last: /var/log/wtmp: No such file or directory
Perhaps this file was removed by the operator to prevent logging last info.
--------

and I've got these contents when 'll' at '/var/log':
------
total 252
-rw-r-----  1 mysql mysql 240568 Jan  4 09:48 mysqld.log
-rw-r--r--  1 root  root   13758 Jan  4 04:02 rpmpkgs
drwx------  2 root  root    1024 Dec 18  2004 samba
------

This server is exposed to Internet, and '/var/log' directory contained
lot of files some days ago :(

Any suggestion? Thank you very much.