java again really

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sat Jan 5 02:04:20 UTC 2008

Peter Boy wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 04.01.2008, 14:45 -0600 schrieb Les Mikesell:
>
>> jpackage repository.  But this is all ancient history since fedora is no
>> longer interested in collaborating and has not supplied a matching
>> replacement.
>>

> You shouldn't continue to spread simply wrong information! Fedora
> continues to include jpackage-utils, which is the base for both
> installation methods you describe. So you are still able to choose the
> method which fits your needs, just as in Fedora 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  No
> difference at all!
>

> Peter

    Hi Guys, I d/l the version of Sun java that comes with a src.zip
which is indeed the source code. How to use this source is not yey
understood but it has promise. I also have all the Sun legal statements
and one tiny part is important! They simply will not let me or anyone
else send the SC outside the USA Period!

    You can send out a binary version made by you anywhere it seems.
There is a lot more to read about. I got:

*Linux self-extracting JDK file

of 67 MBytes that does have the source file as shown.

Much more later when I read it.

Karl

*

--