mouse versus touchpad, or cursor placement wars...

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jan 5 04:08:48 UTC 2008

Is there an easy way to get FC7 to ignore a touchpad while a mouse is
plugged in, then go back to using the touchpad when the mouse is
unplugged, automatically?

Try as I might, I cannot stop my system from randomly doing something
with the touchpad while typing, even though I'm not anywhere near
contacting it, and the simplest solution would be to just plug in a
mouse.

The laptop came with two disable touchpad hotkeys (Fn + F9, and an extra
special key), but naturally they don't work.  They don't actually do any
disabling, they just send a keypress to trigger something else to do the
work in software.  It's an Asus PRO31J F3JC Laptop.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.