java again really

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Sat Jan 5 15:03:53 UTC 2008

Am Samstag, den 05.01.2008, 06:18 -0700 schrieb Karl Larsen:
>     OK. I am confused. You say there is now ready to yum a jpackage for
> F8 that has the infrastructer for using the d/l Sun java. This is what I
> decided was needed. So please if you can give us the way to yum this
> file(s).
>
>     I hope it is not the same files F8 comes with :-)

check weather jpackage-util is installed on your machine an then visit
www.jpackage.org/yum.php

Or just download the appropriate
java-1.x.x-sun-compat-1.x.x.y-zjpp.i[nnn}.rpm, which corresponds to the
Sun Java version you are using. and install it

e.g. http://www.jpackage.org/browser/rpm.php?jppversion=5.0&id=489

Peter