F8 su rights problems for rc.local stuff

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Jan 6 14:53:15 UTC 2008

Greetings;

I finally got kmail to update its filters, by exporting them to a text file,
after which it did save my edits, so that problem seems to have wandered off
into the desert, hopefully never to come back.

However, that still leaves me with problems that if they cannot be addressed,
is going to make me disable selinux again.

Problem is that I start several things by having a line like this in my
rc.local, basically so they are started as an unprivileged user and available
as background processes regardless of who's logged in.

1. selinux is denying the use of su in the context of 'su user -c "command"'
when it is done prior to any login from the rc.local script.

What can I do to address this problem?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)