Attack!?!

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Mon Jan 7 11:21:00 UTC 2008

David L. Gehrt wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> or perhaps some router or computer somewhere in a related path has a
>> needle caught in a groove and needs a gentle Fonzi type slap.
>
> Since I was able to  connect to both of the systems on the suspect
> network, both before and after I ill advisedly sent the email I think
> that the net is proved OK, at least enough to  properly deliver mail.
>
> So I think I will stick with my theory for now. ;-)
>
> dlg

None here, I checked two systems on two IAPs.

You could ask your IAP to block them for you - prevents DoS on you,
helps IAP too. Or a different IP address, but that maybe just leaves a
problem for the unlucky next user of that address.

Any further email could go via hushmail or similar.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait