mail aliases question

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Jan 7 15:36:36 UTC 2008

On Monday 07 January 2008, John Summerfield wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:

>> As I restore things, such as cron jobs, I'll make sure the mailto: is set
>> to me.  However, there are some apps that apparently hard code it to send
>> to the user that ran them & the only way around that is to fix su so it
>> doesn't run into selinux pre-login of anybody.  I'll check on the next
>> reboot to see if runcon is the answer there, I've made the changes to
>> rc.local to use that function instead of su.
>
>That's not what I had in mind, but it might be an okay interpretation.

Well, there is just me, some dummy users like amanda for the backup proggy,
and root.  I made an account for the missus, but she is 'computer illiterate'
in the classic Joe Sixpack mold and has only sat in this chair 2 or 3 times
in 15 years.  Humm, no wonder the chair is getting lumpy...

>How about you decide to run an email service along the lines of
>pobox.com. Your users would be entitled to connect via pop3, imap and
>maybe smtp. They would not have a home directory, so a .forward file
>could not be used.
>
>Probably, you'd not use /etc/aliases either, but it serves to illustrate
>my point. Same sort of deal at the school where I work. General staff
>access is mail only.

Like I said, there is just me, and this box is a swiss army knife, it all has
to work.  Some isn't, selinux is getting in the way of most of the ogg/theora
related stuffs and while I've done as setroubleshoot says I should do, it is
still failing with the same identical failure messages when I hit this site:

<http://ed-tharp.kicks-ass.org/ridingmower.mpg>

Why it needs all the ogg/theora stuff for what is labeled as an .mpg I have
NDI.  And I'm haunting the selinux list for answers.

I did get my audio probs fixed I think, there was still an alsa-pulse package
installed.

Thanks John.

--
Cheers, Gene