new wrt54g user questions

Del shamsrumi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 20:39:07 UTC 2008

I think you might want to look at /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts then cat
ifcfg-eth0
this will tell you how your card sees the internet. Then /sbin/ifconfig -a
to see how its setup. I don't think you need to assign an IP address to your
dsl modem because that is controlled by your ISP.
Your linksys router comes with an IP preassigned which acts as a gateway
address and is usually 192.168.0.1
Your desktops should be able to connect directly to the router and bypass
the hub, unless they are at other ends of the hanger
If you can get into the router, ie; type the IP address in to a browser URL
bar 192.168.0.1 it should give you a login popup and  then you login, I
think the defaults are  uid=admin paswd=admin, this could be erroneous as I
haven't used these for a while.
To setup your network you'll have to add each host.allow file sorry I think
this drive is dieing Good luck!