Nagios yum install

Dave Burns tburns at hawaii.edu
Fri Jan 11 07:45:08 UTC 2008

2008/1/7 Mike Morraye <zotkop at gmail.com>:

> Thx for the tip David,
> but if I remove it trough yum again, I guess, it will erase all of the
> correct files?
> Or am I missing something here?

That's right, my tip is useless if you uninstall the rpm. It would be
useful if you want to figure out how the rpm version works instead of
uninstalling. The rpm version presumably was prepared by persons who
know something about both fedora and nagios and put things where they
'belong' on fedora, and (as David Jansen pointed out) they did a lot
of your work for you with regard to integrating with the webserver,
etc.

rpm is my big crutch, I am very reluctant to install anything without
it. That's not because I don't know how to type config ;make;make
install, but because I need the rpm database keeping track of my
changes. And when a file is not where I expect it to be, rpm -q
--filesbypkg will tell me where it is.
Dave