Missing the separate debug info file: ...

Jonathan Ryshpan jonrysh at pacbell.net
Sat Jan 12 03:21:47 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 19:06 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 12:18 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> > > In debugging audacity with gdb I get a very large number of errors like
> > > the following.
> > >
> > > I guess that this means that in addition to the package mumble.rpm, the
> > > package mumble-debug.rpm also needs to be installed.  Is this correct?
> > >
> > > If so, how can I find out which the package is that needs to be loaded?
> > >

> > # yum install yum-utils
> > # debuginfo-install audacity
>
> A very promising plan with only one possible problem.  I built the
> version of audacity I want to debug from source; it's version
> 1.3.4-beta, while the Fedora version is version 1.3.2.  I suppose that
> doing what you propose for the Fedora package of 1.3.2 will bring in the
> debug packages required.  But what if it doesn't?

Here is what happened when I tried the experiment.  I uninstalled  the
version I had built and ran the following.

# debuginfo-install audacity
enabling fedora-debuginfo
enabling livna-i386-debuginfo
enabling updates-debuginfo
enabling livna-debuginfo
No debuginfo packages available to install

Things don't look good - jon