Integrated bluetooth on Toshiba laptop wont work

max maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 18:24:23 UTC 2008

Zlatko wrote:
> Hello to everybody, and greetings from Croatia (Europe)...
>
> I need help...
>
> Model of laptop:  Toshiba Satellite P200-10C
>
> My integrated bluetooth wont work, unless I do the following:
>
> 1. I start laptop with Windows Vista
> 2. I restart from Vista to Fedora
>
> Each time I do this, bluetooth works fine. But, if I turn off computer,
> and start it again directly to Fedora, bluetooth wont work, and system
> wont recognize any bluetooth device.
> I have described this problem on Fedora forum, also, but nobody answered
> my question so far, even I have posted that post month ago.
> Here is the link to that post:
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=172988
>
> If anybody knows how to handle this problem, I'll be very appreciated...
>
> Also, my combination of pressing Fn + (F1-F9) wont work either...
>
> Thanks

I have seen similar behavior before with a network interface on a dual
boot XP /SuSE box. Look in your BIOS and see if there is a setting for
the onboard bluetooth. My recollection here is a bit foggy, its been
awhile but I believe Vista is disabling bluetooth  on shutdown. When you
restart the machine never actually gets turned off.
Something like that anyway but check  your BIOS  settings.

-Max