Google Earth

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Jan 12 19:03:13 UTC 2008

On Saturday 12 January 2008, Craig White wrote:
>On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 12:45 -0500, David Boles wrote:
>>
>> | Note that there are some reports of some folks having problems with a
>> | package or two using the freshrpms package. I believe Gene H and Ric M
>> | have reported such issues in the past. I have been running the freshrpms
>> | nVidia drivers on multiple machines for a couple of years now without
>> | issues.
>>
>> I don't pay too much attention to those two. Ric is really crazy and Gene
>> is really old.

Maybe, but I sure aren't the oldest here as I'm only 73.

As for Ric, crazy like a fox.  Go read his resume.  Anyone who wants to do
that stuff has every bone in his body labeled Altruistic.  The world needs a
hell of a lot more Ric's.

>> This is were I duck under my desk.  ;-)

Aww, gee.
>----
>aside from the ageism and the fact that Ric is probably no more crazy than
> the rest of us except that he has a gift of expressing himself...

That he does, but then I can do so on occasion too. 8-)}

>they are people who suffer from self-inflicted wounds and run GUI as root.

Sorry about that, I'm working on that from time to time, then something
doesn't work, like sudo, so I'm right back as root.  Make sudo work and I'll
give it another shot.

>I wouldn't generally hold them up as typical Fedora users but they seem
>to get what they need.

There ya go again, stereotyping someone who just wants to _use_ his machine.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)