[SOLVED!!] Re: can i completely delete and recreate my network interfaces?

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Sun Jan 13 15:12:01 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-13 at 09:57 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   i just want to know why i can't put back, the way it was before, the
> interface information i deleted, or if that's even possible.  i
> realize that deleting your network interfaces is not something you
> would normally do, but if it happens, shouldn't it still be fixable?

Why not just deleting those devices like you did, make sure services
such as haldaemon, kudzu, consolekit, and the such are on, and reboot?
Kudzu (and whatever else is combined with that now to find new devices)
should find the devices, install them  and maybe even tell you that they
need configured?

I don't know if that works but I don't see why not.  Just a shot I
guess.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY