[Fwd: LiveCD with KDE-4.0.0]

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Mon Jan 14 02:07:20 UTC 2008

Andrew Parker wrote:

>> At least you got Fedora running.
>> In my case, the cursor hung from the beginning,
>> after installing on the hard disk of a ThinkPad T43.
>> Any suggestions of a way round this?
>
> At what point is "from the beginning"?

>From the first moment the cursor appeared.

I could continue to communicate with the computer
by pressing Return -
as it happened, that was all that was necessary for some time.

>> The number of times you are asked what you want to do,
>> and then asked if you really want to do it,
>> seems to me to be steadily increasing.
>> I want to scream "Are you deaf? I just told you.
>> Would I have clicked on logout if I didn't want to logout?"
>
> I frequently click the wrong item (in reality, I'm just too
> impatient), so I don't mind the confirmation screen.  This isn't a
> confirmation screen, this is the same options, but with slightly
> different wording.

Well, I don't _frequently_ do that.
In any case, if I click on "logout" and I didn't mean to,
that is hardly the end of the world.
I login again, and maybe am more careful the next time.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366