Google Earth

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jan 14 09:43:00 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-13 at 23:22 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Heck, they even have me back at work for 4 or 5 hours a day, and I
> think the exercise is good for me.  And I'm doing more thinking out
> loud about what I'm doing just so Dave can understand the reasons for
> what I do.  Dave is the fellow I gave most of my keys to back in 2002
> when I retired.

Mentoring your replacement...  Can be good when you want to retire, but
it's damn irritating when you get instructed to do that while you're
still working somewhere.  You feel like you might as well walk away now,
and screw them (your employer), *first*.

I still had the keys to a local studio long after I'd walked away.
Anytime I talked about handing them in, they didn't want them back.  I
finally gave them back without making any arrangements about it, the
mood in the room was like they'd just put the dog down.  I think they
thought that if I still had them, I'd still be giving them a hand from
time to time.  Now I'll only do that if they have something that piques
my interest.

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.12-52.fc7 i686 i386