Updates SOLVED!

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Mon Jan 14 21:30:56 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen wrote:
> Michael Schwendt wrote:
>> On 14/01/2008, Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:
>>
>>>     I tried using the livna repo without freshrpms being present and
>>> still get a problem from livna! And it is still the problem of livna
>>> wanting to update files not on my computer. Wierd!
>>>

>> No, no, no. Read the other thread more carefully. You get many things
>> wrong and make up your own false theories. It's tiresome. freshrpms
>> and livna do conflict. I've told you in the other thread how they
>> conflict. And during a yum update, any new packages which are pulled
>> in are called "updates", too. That's has nothing to do with livna.
>>

>>> http://ayo.ie.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/8/i386/freshrpms/RPMS/vlc-0.8.6d-1.fc8.i386.rpm:
>>>
>>> [Errno -1] Package does not match intended download
>>>
>>>   It says it doesn't have the right vlc number or whatever.
>>>

>> No, it means the download ended with a checksum that doesn't match the
>> metadata. You may need to clean your yum cache.
>>

>    I have cleaned my dam yum 3 times today! I have not done so just
> before trying freshrpms however so will try that next. The vlc at
> freshrpms is much older than the one at livna. One more try today.
>
> Karl

Here is what happened AGAIN when trying to yum install from freshrpms.

(13/20): vlc-0.8.6d-1.fc8 100% |=========================| 1.3 MB
00:49
http://ayo.ie.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/8/i386/freshrpms/RPMS/vlc-0.8.6d-1.fc8.i386.rpm:
[Errno -1] Package does not match intended download
Trying other mirror.
(14/20): faad2-2.5-2.fc7. 100% |=========================| 194 kB
00:07
(15/20): a52dec-0.7.4-8.f 100% |=========================|  51 kB
00:02
(16/20): libupnp-1.6.3-2. 100% |=========================| 101 kB
00:04
(17/20): xosd-2.2.14-10.f 100% |=========================|  48 kB
00:01
(18/20): libdvbpsi-0.1.5- 100% |=========================|  39 kB
00:01
(19/20): SDL-1.2.12-5.fc8 100% |=========================| 220 kB
00:08
(20/20): libmatroska-0.8. 100% |=========================| 203 kB
00:10

Error Downloading Packages:
  vlc - 0.8.6d-1.fc8.i386: failure: RPMS/vlc-0.8.6d-1.fc8.i386.rpm from
freshrpms: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

[root at localhost ~]#

I did a yum clean all before doing this and the only none fedora in the
directory is freshrpms.repo.

So I say the freshrpms has a problem. Will someone else please try it
and see if they get the same result.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI