That ole Livna Problem/That ole VLC Problem

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Wed Jan 16 03:02:17 UTC 2008

Karl, the number of packages needed to get VLC and ffmpeg running is
about right. I too installed about that number, and am now enjoying movies.

You need to install the Livna repository key. That is done in the
livna-release package. These keys are needed for your system's
protection. Here, let me prove it:

[rlc at bobcp4 ~]$ rpm -ql livna-release-7-2
[actual file list heavily snipped]
/etc/apt/gpg/gpg-pubkey-a109b1ec-3f6e28d5
/etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-livna

Also, it seems a little strange to me that your yum is only proceeding
with 41 actions. There should be 82 in all: 41 install or update
actions, and 41 cleanup actions, one for each package.

Bob Cochran