ipod

max maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 04:17:38 UTC 2008

offset wrote:

>>> No, I am not!!  So I ran the command again, this time as root.
>>> Something has changed now. In the directory
>>> /media/IPOD/iPod_Control/Device there is a file called SysInfo,
>>> containing the 16-character FirewireGuid. There is also a file called
>>> SysInfoExtended.
>>> When I start gtkpod I now see this warning message:
>>> "Could not open "(null)" for reading extended info.
>>> Extended info will not be used."
>>>
>>> I feel I am getting closer. What does this message refer to? Is it the
>>> 16-character FirewireGuid, which start with a "0"?
>>>
>> In gtkpod there is a way of selecting the ipod model that you are using
>> under ipod properties ( right click on the IPOD and select properties)
>> make sure you have the right model selected. Also try AMAROK - Devices
>> Tab > Connect ( make sure you select the right kind of player)
>>
>> -Max
>>
>> --
>>

> In gtkpod
>
> for my iPod Nano 4GB (A1236), I'm using the setting in gtkpod of
> iPod Nano Video 3rd Generation 8GB Nano Silver (xA980)

Sounds like a bug. I was under the impression that each had a unique
firewireID but I don't own one myself and the one I got working I
haven't heard any complaints over so I have not looked any more at it.
There are some on this list who might be interested though.The latest
gtkpod is 0.99.12 if I remember correctly. What version of gtkpod are
you using?

-Max