mplayer vs realvideo

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Fri Jan 18 05:34:24 UTC 2008

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008, dexter wrote:

> On Wed January 16 2008 06:22:15 Michael Hennebry wrote:
> > What is the magic formula for getting mplayer to play
> > the video portion of realmedia files?

> What your missing here are the realvideo codecs,
>
> $mplayer -vc help|grep realvid
>
> rv3040      realvid   working   Linux RealPlayer 10 RV30/40 decoder  [drvc.so]
> rv3040win   realvid   working   Win32 RealPlayer 10 RV30/40 decoder
> [drvc.dll]
> rv40        realvid   working   Linux RealPlayer 9 RV40 decoder  [drv4.so.6.0]
> rv40win     realvid   working   Win32 RealPlayer 9 RV40 decoder
> [drv43260.dll]
> rv40mac     realvid   working   Mac OS X RealPlayer 9 RV40 decoder
> [drvc.bundle/Contents/MacOS/drvc]
> rv30        realvid   working   Linux RealPlayer 8 RV30 decoder  [drv3.so.6.0]
> rv30win     realvid   working   Win32 RealPlayer 8 RV30 decoder
> [drv33260.dll]
> rv30mac     realvid   working   Mac OS X RealPlayer 9 RV30 decoder
> [drvc.bundle/Contents/MacOS/drvc]
> rv20        realvid   working   Linux RealPlayer 8 RV20 decoder  [drv2.so.6.0]
> rv20winrp10 realvid   working   Win32 RealPlayer 10 RV20 decoder  [drv2.dll]
> rv20win     realvid   working   Win32 RealPlayer 8 RV20 decoder
> [drv23260.dll]
> rv20mac     realvid   working   Mac OS X RealPlayer 9 RV20 decoder
> [drv2.bundle/Contents/MacOS/drv2]
>
> you can get them in one of the codec packs from the mplayer site.

Thanks.
After examining error messages, I get the impression that drv33260.dll
is one I need.
I've been seearching the mplayer site (http://www.mplayerhq.hu),
but haven't been finding it.
Is it there somewhere?
If not, where should I get it?

"Those parts of the system that you can hit with a hammer (not advised)
are called Hardware;  those program instructions that you can only
curse at are called Software."