Correct instal for AMD Sempron Processor

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Jan 18 14:42:11 UTC 2008

John BORIS wrote:
> I have an AMD Sempron 3600+ processor in a Biostar Motherboard. I am
> using an LSI 320-1 RAID controller with 5 75gb SCA drives in RAID 5
> array. I installed Fedora 8 x86_64 from DVD. When the system starts it
> will panic and it looks like the RAID controller. Is this correct
> install for this setup or should I use the 1386 version?

Odds are good that if you've installed it it's okay. Last time I tried
something similar, it was a kernel for a Pentium II and I was trying to
install to a Pentium. Or I moved a drive; something of the kind.

However, it may be that the IA32 version will treat the RAID controller
more kindly. What does Google say?

> Has anyone on te list installed Fedora 8 on an LSI setup?
>
> I have two other servers with LSI RAID controllers but they are running
> Fedora Core 3.
32-bit?

Try FC3 on the new box. Or CentOS 4.

> TIA
>
> I tried searching the archive but it is a bit cumbersome.

Google search:
some words site:redhat.com

--

Cheers