Correct instal for AMD Sempron Processor

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jan 18 16:11:56 UTC 2008

Hi,

> No experience with your board or raid controller, but i386 install works
> fine on 64 bit amd processors.
> Unless you specifically know you need 64 bit, it usually is better to
> install 32 bit (i386).

These days I would go the other way. If you machine supports 64bit then
use that unless you have some special reasons for preferring the 32bit
version.
For the odd few things that don't yet work on 64bit installations (flash
plugin for instance), you can just install the 32 bit version and use
that (I do just this with firefox).

cheers Chris