Firefox, mutt, kicker, konsole crash after FC8 update

max bianco maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 17:29:26 UTC 2008

On Jan 18, 2008 9:55 AM, M. Fioretti <mfioretti at nexaima.net> wrote:

> On Fri, January 18, 2008 3:48 pm, Craig White wrote:
>
> > agreed, if the disk is unreliable, there's little point of continuing to
> > use it.
> >
> > rpm -Va > /tmp/package-verification.txt
> >
> > would probably be a good place to start
> >

> I will do that tonight when I get home. What would the next step be?
> Remove and reinstall all and only the rpms shown as damaged in that
> report? If yes, would it be all, assuming the disk is OK?
>
> About the disk, what would the best way to see if it's not working
> properly anymore?
>
> I have used the Hitachi harddrive diagnostics on non-hitachi drives many
times.
It works well for me and should tell you if there is a problem with the
harddrive. It's as reliable as these things can be, in my opinion. The bonus
is that you can download it for free and boot it from a cd.  There may be
other better ones and I would certainly like to know what others recommend.

-Max