xine-lib update breaks listening to audio streaming in Amarok

Michael Best mbest at pendragon.org
Sat Jan 19 13:30:25 UTC 2008

The latest xine update appears to break my ability to listen to
streaming audio.

xine-lib-1.1.9.1-1.fc8.i386.rpm
xine-lib-extras-nonfree-1.1.9.1-1.lvn8.i386.rpm

no longer works with streaming any of the streaming mp3 sources that I
have been listening to.

I tried to go back to

xine-lib-extras-nonfree-1.1.8-6.lvn8.i386.rpm but there is no longer any
corresponding xine-lib-1.1.8-6.fc8.i386.rpm available.

And on the main livna mirror there is no
xine-lib-extras-nonfree-1.1.8-4.lvn8.i386.rpm to correspond with the
Fedora8 initial release package.  I did however manage to find a copy
and I can listen to streaming audio.

Any idea how I can figure out which of the xine-lib or
xine-lib-extras-nonfree packages are at fault for no longer playing so I
can submit a bug report?

-Mike