F8 is a problem

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sat Jan 19 20:57:58 UTC 2008

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Jim Cornette wrote:
>>
>> I still have an Fedora 7 system, not because one version is
>> problematic over another but because I downloaded the image and never
>> burned a DVD for the other computer yet.
>>
> You don't have to burn the DVD if your computers are on the
    News from the Idiot. I am now on F8 and the sound works fine. I
re-installed pulseaudio lacking the one link. Both VLC and Skype have
good audio now.

    There are 6 pulseaudio rpm's on the DVD for F8. You do not want to
remove them. It will ruin your audio even when not using pulseaudio. I
guess the general rule is not to remove ANY rpm's.

Karl