Remote Desktop: the recipe.

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 00:30:51 UTC 2008

Jonathan Underwood wrote:

>>> Useful to know, thanks.
>> dare i ask if there's a HOWTO on this package?  i took a quick look at
>> it and it appears to involve xinetd and XDMCP, so a clear set of
>> instructions would be, you know, handy.  :)
>>

> Well, I just installed it, and it doesn't work out of the box,
> unfortunately. I didn't bother trying to tweak it, as this simple
> recipe is working fine for me:
>
> http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/fedora-list@redhat.com/8339389.html

Looks like essentially the same thing give or take a few differences in
the arguments and the way they are generated.  If that works, you should
be able to make vncts work.  You just need to follow how the ports in
/etc/services tie to the different options in the command started by
xinetd and then through the /usr/bin/vncts shell expansion of the commands.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com