First NIC appearing as eth10 instead of expected eth0

moi rainer at lucien.sysadmin.at
Thu Jan 24 13:25:08 UTC 2008

Hi,

you could take a look at /etc/modprobe.conf, which looks as follows on
my pc (redhat 5.1)

    [root at barrakh etc]# more modprobe.conf
    alias eth0 pcnet32

It could be some alias defined in this file.

On the other hand, how did you define your ethernet scripts ? do you
have an /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and -eth1 or how do
they look like ?