GRUB

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sat Jan 26 16:31:34 UTC 2008

William Allaire wrote:

>>> http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/grub.html
>>> http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Quick_GRUB
>>>
>>> The first one is more detailed.  I suspect neither will be what you
>>> want.  What it tells me is that most people either want the full meal
>>> deal (the 90+ page grub manual), or a short guide (1-2 pages cut to
>>> the chase type of guide).  Or perhaps more accurately those who've
>>> taken the time to write a guide didn't see the need to elaborate much
>>> beyond a few pages.  If someone is going to take the time (and has the
>>> desire) to go through a 30 page guide because they want to better
>>> understand grub, then they'll just as likely go through the grub
>>> manual and pick out the 25-50 pages from it that they see as relevant
>>> to their situation or of personal interest.  Why write a guide that is
>>> 1/3 of the full manual for the very few who find that a 2-3 page guide
>>> is not sufficient but the full guide is too much.
>>>
>>> Jacques B.
>>>

>>   Thank you. The first URL is what I am looking for. It is written
>> for SUSE and UBUNTO but it is the same grub. And it is just a little
>> too short but it covers all the things I wanted.
>>
>>   I will put it in my saved things.
>>
>> Karl
>
> You might try this page as well:
>
> http://users.bigpond.net.au/hermanzone/p15.htm
>
> bill

Excellent Bill. I am surprised that both well written grub tutorials
were done by guys using Ubuntu Linux. And using this other Linux makes
some of the teaching incorrect if your using Fedora. In our /boot/grub/
we have grub.conf. They do not. But they do have menu.lst which is ok.
Also they do their grub.conf different than we do.  His pictures are a
lot better than the other on.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI